The change of the seasons seems to bring with it a lot of nasty stomach viruses, colds and flu. Apparently, it’s not because of the change of temperature or unsettled weather, it is because this sort of weather pattern allows for certain viruses and bacteria to flourish. So how to protect ourselves?
- Wash your hands!!!! Yes, it is very simple and very effective at keeping viruses at bay. So, wash those hands of yours before eating or when one has been out and about and always after a visit to the bathroom….
- Hand sanitizer is good to have in your handbag but make sure it is alcohol based or natural as other sorts have nasty chemicals which are not good for your health
- Wear layers so you can adjust your clothing according to the weather changes
- Drink lots of water – you can make your own vitamin water by adding fresh ginger, a slice of lemon and fresh mint or cucumber and basil
- Eat daily at least 5 cups of fruits and vegetables in season – not only is it cheaper… it is healthier and you will get the vitamins and minerals you need to keep your immune system strong
- Get your beauty sleep of at least 6 hours a night and if you can make it up to 8
- If you feel you’re getting a sore throat put a couple of teaspoons of salt in warm water and gargle. The salt is anti-bacterial helping to reduce inflammation
- Boost your immune system squeezing the juice of half a lemon in warm water when you wake up in the morning. This is great for your skin too!!