With the hot and cold weather we have been experiencing lately. Its hard not to feel like you are caught in between two different seasons. Which is why having a recipe for those colder rainy days is a must. For me that recipie is this delicious chicken stew. Not only is it filling, but it also help to keep the cold away, and is not too heavy like beef or lamb stew. It is also super tasty and so good that everyone in the family will love it.
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
6 chicken pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
½ green pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cups water
1 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube
2 handfuls green beans, cut in half
2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Knorr Minestrone Soup
1. Heat oil in a medium size pot and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides then remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Add the onion and green pepper and fry until soft.
3. Add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add the carrots, water, stock cube and chicken to the pot. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 25 minutes.
5. Add the green beans and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the beans are cooked.
6. Mix the soup powder with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew, then allow to simmer until thickened.
7. Serve with rice or pap.