It’s that time of the year again…yep you’ve guessed it, winter season is here. And we all know that at this time of the year we a lot more energy. Which is why it is important for us to be even more vigilant this winter. Especially with our country going through an energy crisis. Here are some green ways to keep your home warm during winter:
· Investing in a geyser blanket: This will serve you well it will keep the thermostat settings low and your electric usage down.
· Using thicker fabric for curtains during winter will better insulate your home by preventing heat from escaping.
· Investing in a solar panel to warm up your water in the house so you don’t have to rely on your electricity.
· Invest in good quality blankets for your bed and living room to keep you warm.
· Use gas heaters or built in fireplaces to keep your home warm.
· Seal doors and windows by using old materials to block the warm air from escaping underneath the door.
I’ll definitely be using these tips this winter to keep warm and cozy.